THE SICKS with THE PATIENCE PRODUCT and RUSKIN at the Media Club
THE PATIENCE PRODUCT SET LIST
1. Intro – great instrumental start that really conveys the Patience Product vibe without lyrics
2. …and I Must Endure Reality Soon – Great song, awesome harmonies.
3. Heinekin Song – I like how the tempo picks up and slows down throughout the song. The beginning of the verses and chorus sound like a lazy summer evening, and then speed up at the end of each for an interesting twist.
4. 10 Days of Messenger Names - ”This one may or may not be a cover.” Jitterbug (from Zoolander) intro, into Ten Days of Messenger Names (reminds me of Rilo Kiley)
5. Black Like Me (Spoon cover) – “This next one really is a cover. If anyone enjoys Spoon, they can sing along.” Perfect ending.
6. Soundscape of Pandora’s Box (An Eerie Melody) – no longer a working title!
7. Change of Heart, Change of Tune
8. From Every End There’s Always A Start – “We’ve never played this live before,” but it’s on the album. “This was probably more fun for us than it was for you.”
9. Dead End on Impatience Street – my favourite! “This is the big finish, ladies and gentlemen.”
THE SICKS SET LIST
Ruskin comments: One too many guitars (chunky like soup), needs an exceptionally tasteful keyboard player, do some blow to speed up their easy listening, and buddy should wear leather pants/chaps, grow some hair, dreadlock it, and start channelling Bob Marley. Great vocals though.
1. Rollin – Acoustic guitar, mandolin, electric guitar, bass and drums. Lead singer looks like Jack Johnson but sounds like Jack Johnson playing easy-listening country music. He plays an acoustic guitar in his socks, and I’m in love.
2. Cynthia - Rowan switches to a white electric guitar and has a solo
3. Turned Out and Busted – I can’t keep living this way. Think of a less presumptuous Keith Urban crossed with the soft, sweet musical stylings of Jack Johnson. Rowan plays a mini slide guitar.
4. Hey Catalina – Rowan now dons a black electric guitar.
5. Enjoy the Ride – Bongos! I’ve been waiting for something to happen, it could be bad, it could be good.
6. We Need More Reggae – Bongos again! We need more reggae in this world. Island breeze meets Sublime. Nice, ruffled voice.
7. Good For It
8. Dirty Rock n Roll – I need some dirty rock and roll tonight.
9. Get Gone
10. Travelln Blues – I can’t wait to see my girl again. (Always my girl, my woman)
So Mesmerising to me